Don't you just love seeing all the weird and wonderful souvenirs and local goodies that people bring back from their travels?
Me too - but maybe I'm just nosey?
As you all know I recently travelled to South Africa for a two-week trip and while I was out there I worked with Jurni and took part in a “£50 Souvenir challenge”.
The main focus of this challenge was to find and purchase some local South Africa goodies and souvenirs using the budget provided, which I could then bring back with me and showcase to you guys afterwards on the blog - what a great idea huh?
I've then gone ahead and tried to pack all of these into my Jurni pod to show you how it can be used for your own adventures.
Before I go into details on the souvenirs, first, let me give you the low down on my new carry-on luggage!
The Jurni itself, is a new concept of carry-on suitcase purposely designed for the next generation of young and connected travellers - perfect for those always on the move, like you and me!
With a quick access pop-out pod (you can see the pink pod used in my photos above), a seat to rest on, in-line wheels to glide-along and flexible storage solutions, this is a great carry-on solution perfect for all those short and frequent weekend trips I'm making at the moment.
Jurni's main aim is to offer stress-free travelling and the clever folk at Jurni have done so by creating your own 'travel space', whereby you can sit, chill and have instant access to your travel must-haves via the innovative detachable pod, keeping your travel essentials safe and in one place.
There's a couple of features I'm most excited about:
- No more standing or sitting on the floor in endless check-in queues - it's fine because I can just perch on my Jurni suitcase instead.
- Perfect cabin luggage - its approved to IATA Check airline.
- There's two years free warranty!
- The portable pod means I always have quick and easy access to all my travel essentials - at the airport, on the plane or even on the go.
So what about the souvenirs? When travelling around South Africa most of the tourist destinations like the Panoromic Route, are covered in cute little shacks with locals looking to sell their handmade goodies.
I was keen to buy from the locals as I knew I would be able to give something back and help with their local trade etc. After all, they do spend hours on end (mostly in the heat) hand-crafting these beautiful replicas of the south african wildlife.
On my travels I managed to pick up a family of south african wildlife - a giraffe, a hippo, a elephant and a rhino, I was almost there with the big five only a leopard, lion and buffalo to go!
So how about your very own Jurni carry-on suitcase in a colour of your choice?
The guys at Jurni are giving you the chance to win your very own Jurni carry-on suitcase in a colour of your choice, worth £80! The suitcase is currently available in three colours; pink, red or blue so if you win you'll be able to pick which colour you prefer :)
Entry is via the rafflecopter giveaway below:
a Rafflecopter giveaway
Terms & Conditions
- Competition will run from 20/09/2016 at 8pm and end on 20/10/2016 at 8pm GMT.
- Competition is only open to residents of the UK.
- My souvenirs are not included within the giveaway prize.
- Prize is non-refundable and no cash alternative will be offered.
- The winner is chosen at random using Rafflecopter.
- Entries will be moderated to ensure they meet the winner entry requirements.
- The winner will be contacted via email and will need to confirm their acceptance of the prize within 7 days of the competition ending.
To find out more about the Jurni suitcase and it's cool features, visit the website.